Friday, May 11, 2012

Overall a good, productive day

After coming back from having food poisoning (haha even the cafeteria is trying to get rid of me), I expected my kids to be awful like before. Well they were not on their best behavior, the sub said they were terrible, and I was mean. However, surprisingly we got a lot accomplished. We got all of our Mother's Day activities done. Oh to be a fly on the wall when their mom's open their gifts that they made on Sunday. They are so cute:)) They made hand print pictures, homemade books, and butterfly magnets with their pictures on it. They will wrap them tomorrow.


The day started off crazy. It started out with their sub complaining about them for 20 min. Then a hard student of mine ran and gave me the biggest hug. I almost cried. Then right after we corrected bell work, they had a fire drill. I got nailed for not turning out the lights. In a fire, who cares about the lights? Then or before that, I had a student vomit and the office would not call her parents. So in the middle of my teaching, I went over their heads and called her parents. Before I got anything done, it was time for recess, where I had half of my students inside. After recess, we finished our Mother's Day stuff. After lunch, it was attempted silent reading where I read with a few lower kids. Then we watched "Yeh Shen" or Chinese Cinderella for 30min. while they made their own magical fish. They loved them but they turned into teacher projects instead of kid projects. Then it was recess. I now have more duties and hardly any breaks. We finished our projects and did math. My boss walked in and the students were all engaged, quietly working. It was great!


The teacher next to me that has been teaching forever, is getting observed as well. She wants to resign as well. I talked to her before she took a student that the parents requested not be in my class anymore. She is having troubles with him as well. I hate to say it, but that made me feel very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment