Monday, January 30, 2012

J Whato

So after coming to school anyway with a hurt neck (because I thought I could just wing today), I was asked to help a substitute who was not left plans. About 5 min before school starts, my principal comes in to tell me she is going to JPAS me today. JPAS is the observation that allows you to get a level 2 license in 3 yrs. You fail, you are let go. So I was like, "sure come on in." What, I didn't have a lesson plan ready...I was just going to fly at the seat of my pants. However, there she was right before lunch observing me. She gave me a perfect score on the observation and said she would finish tomorrow. Oh and I need to have a binder full of documented evidence and other things by Fri. ( I hope she will let me have until Fri since I just found out about it today;) So what a stressor. Here I am with a hurt neck, a somewhat better voice but not perfect and I am getting one of the most important evaluations of my career. Glad that went well:)


The kids were not the greatest while she was in there. They were great up until and after but during, aye aye aye. She wrote on my observation, most of the kids were with you. So afterwards I vented to my team about how I thought I failed. They told me that my principal loves me and that they all think I am doing an amazing job. Direct quote, "You have your sh--together. Ahh thanks ladies:)) Who would have known my dream job and boss would be out in the middle of nowhere. Oh I also applied for a grant and was awarded the money today. Yeah now we can get a rug for circle time!!


Parent Conferences are tomorrow with the principal there! Wish me luck:))

No comments:

Post a Comment