Monday, January 9, 2012

Little Angels--feeling very blessed!

Today was a great day! My students were all very angelic right up until 2:00 p.m. I felt very fortunate. Every teacher I talked to, told me how amazing my class was being. I would give them a command and they all would do it. All of my children with ADHD were suddenly great. Almost all notes came in and I got a lot of teaching in. I had my first meeting with my mentor and she told me that she had heard very positive rumors about me and my teaching. Thank heavens! Every night I pray for my students and a miracle to occur within them and my prayers are definitely being answered. I also had my first team meeting and we, as a team are going to try one of my tried and true strategies. I was surprised they actually listened to a first year teacher when they have 15+ years of experience. I have the best team and faculty support, especially my principal. I still wonder what I did to deserve such an amazing first year experience. I started guided reading groups today but still am afraid of introducing centers. I hope my angels stay angels at least until May:)


Reflection: I am trying to introduce and use sight words in every subject I teach them. I really believe that if they can memorize the sight words, they will soar with their reading. So the challenge I posed to them was to use five sight words in 1 sentence. We had a close winner with 4/5 words. I think I will use this strategy again. Math did not go as well as I hoped. I need to schedule time in for interventions possibly during independent practice.


Teaching is a very rewarding career and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment