Friday, January 13, 2012

More responsibilities and a huge complement!

So today was a little bit better with the children. They had remembered more of the procedures. We tried Friday math games and they got so loud they were shouting. So we will need to practice that procedure. Granted, it was the first time they had had them. We got a lot more accomplished and they are getting so smart in math...I am so proud! I did have two children of whom I said could use the bathroom and they did not return for 30 min. So this time I called down to the office and they were brought back safe and sound. A little boy and a little girl were holding hands and trying to find somewhere to be "alone." What is the world, they are 7! We had a long talk about going straight to the bathroom and back. Since they missed their spelling test, they had to stay in for recess and take it. I felt like it was a good natural consequence.


I started planning more like a teacher now that I have a planbook. Hopefully once I finish my job chart and a few other projects, I won't have to stay so late and can have a life and get back to the gym. Oh so I found out that we are a Title 1 School so we have to do interventions to help our struggling readers get up. Well the principal said that the most qualified teacher should teach the preschool level how to read. So I am sitting there thinking that it will be the ones with tons of experience or tenure. Boy was I wrong. They asked me (the teacher who had taught a week) to take the lowest of the struggling children and bring them up from a level AA to a level H in 5 mo in the entire 1st grade. What a responsibility but what a complement!! Sure lets just add one more thing to my plate:)

No comments:

Post a Comment