Thursday, January 19, 2012

Trainings and observations

So I had my three observations today of many. I am told I will have at least one a week. The first one was from my principal and she rated me super high in everything! She did not have one suggestion on how I could improve. However, she thinks that some of my children need to be held back or in special education. I could not agree with her more. So we had a nice, long talk about how to do that. She said though that I handled every situation correctly and that I have hard kids. I appreciate a principal that does not think that everything is the teacher's fault.


Then I had an amazing class until my second observation. The kids were in a word: terrible. Well their behavior was that. Very few were on task and no one knew their basic math facts so I had to review and could not get to my objective. Surprisingly, I got rated high on that one too because I was consistent and assessed correctly, etc.. So while I wanted to cry during everything, the administration thinks that I am doing a fantastic job. Go figure! I also had the superintendent's assistants come into my room to make sure it was clean, had correct posters, etc...


Then I got to meet the mother of my soon-to-be new student. Well she is very frustrated with how her student is being treated by his current teacher and she went on and for my entire lunch period. I ate a little bit but nothing big because I wanted to remain professional. So I finished my lunch as I was teaching. I could feel her frustration so we discussed my high expectations and she chose me to be her child's teacher out of all the first grade teachers. Wow what an honor! I didn't tell her that it is only my 2nd week teaching. 


After school I had a meeting at the district office and a training on how to use Youtube in the classroom. In my district, it is on the restricted list and therefore you can't access it. This training allows me to have permission to use it. So what a busy day! I knew it would be though. I now have parent helpers daily and this new student's mom said she wants to help as well. My aide is more on the ball...things are getting better:) Oh and I finally finished my class job chart and I really like it how it turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment