Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Another wacky day in 1st grade!

Of course I had two more observations and things went ok for the first one (principal) and horrible for the second one. Plus, I had to have my budget audit done so I was working on that in-between teaching. I had a very long, stressful team meeting where I literally afterwards banged my head against the door. I basically have to do more paperwork and live at the school. Hey I already do my laundry there and eat...I mise well move in. They have a kitchen and a shower. 


Anyway, I took them outside and around the school to do a five senses school walk-through. They loved it! Why are all of my lessons before my observations great and during, they are horrible. I had a near migraine for the entire day and lets just say I had a short fuse. No I did not yell but I gave a lot of teacher looks and stern talking-tos. They ate candy, got out of their seat, screamed, etc... and did everything they were not supposed to do. I could not believe it. My observer actually laughed at what they were doing because she could not believe it! After school, I sort-of got in a tiff with my coach. She apparently heard some rumors about how I felt towards her and felt horrible. We had it out for 20 min or so and resolved our issues. I hate the program she uses but love her. She had heard the opposite--big misunderstanding. She thanked me for being honest. Oh I just love her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment