Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Today was a very good day. I actually accomplished a lot of my JPAS, my students were fantastic, we got a lot of teaching in, and everything went smooth as silk. We even had time to play a memory game at the end of school. Ahh first grade...I am really starting to love it! After school, I had PTC and got to give some very good news to many parents. I love when I get to do that:) Then the night got crazier by the second. I had a parent come to me in tears because she is getting evicted from her apartment. I just held her and let her sob and vent. Then I had to tell another parent that in my opinion, we should hold back her child and have him repeat the 1st grade again. She agreed and said that she has been worried about her son as well. We tried to get him to join us for a conversation but he kept exhibiting the behavior we were discussing so she couldn't come to his defense. I patted her on the back because she left crying. So two crying parents and two way above grade level. What a night! Then my principal and I ate dinner together and I worked on my JPAS. It is near midnight and I am exhausted.


Ahhh life of a first year first grade teacher:)


--Oh and a teacher bought me a spanish book and said the faculty refers to me as the "spanish teacher."

No comments:

Post a Comment