Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What a great day!

I don't know all I can say is today was a great day! As teachers, those days don't happen everyday so when they do, we rejoice and we cherish them. The kids were excellent with their behavior and we got a lot accomplished. No joke: even my normally tough kids got to Gold today! Ahh some of the day, I just sat back and watched them like a proud teacher. We began our writing workshop today where you teach them the parts to writing and you let them work at their own pace. I loved it! It was so fun to listen to them, six and seven year olds, going through the writer's process on their own. They worked with a buddy and were little editors and they re-taught what I had taught them. One of a teacher's greatest accomplishment is to facilitate his/her student's learning and let his/her students be independent. It is like letting them fly by themselves or in teacher world, we call it scaffolding.


Then I found out that I will be getting a new student tomorrow! Now I have 21 little ins to take care of on a daily basis. Tonight was a late night (hence the near 12:30 time) but what a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment