Thursday, February 9, 2012

What is in the air?

All across my school, the students have been going crazy! They are bouncing off the walls and getting in trouble. Every teacher I talked to today said how "bad" their kids have been acting. When the bell rang for lunch to be over, we all just groaned. My kids were no exception. I wanted to kill them just to have some quiet for two seconds. I am not kidding, they would not stop talking for two seconds. Anytime I tried to do an activity that got them out of their seats, I had to have them go back to their seats. I had to constantly stop and start my lessons to reinforce behavior. I could not believe it. Of course I had two observations today. 


One of my observers noted how impressed they were with my calmness through everything. How I never raised my voice or got mad. Oh well what I thought about saying and doing and what I said and did were two different things. So I am glad that I "handled it well." I sent two kids to another teacher's room to get some peace and quiet. However a positive, I did pre and post assessments with every lesson and they actually learned. I also stated my objectives and did a close to my lesson which I almost never do. I also used, "by the end of this lesson, you will be able to..." which I have never done before but I read it in a book we are reading as a school faculty.


Even with all of the craziness, I still love being an educator:))

No comments:

Post a Comment