Friday, March 23, 2012

Good, Exhausting Day

I am sooooo tired. I almost fell asleep in my class today after work. I was so tired that I mistaked the janitor for a teacher. Aye aye aye! Anyway I had six kids gone today. The day went great! I get observed daily either by my principal, mentor, someone at the district office, my coach, or a visiting principal. Sometimes more than one show up at once. The pros: if your kids are doing well and are interacting with you, you get a good rating and when it comes time to do layoffs, you have more than one person who can go to bat for you. Also if your kids are doing well and you are teaching well than your principal gets to brag about you. Cons: If your kids are not doing well, it is the opposite of the above statements. Honestly except for JPAS, I have aced every other observation from college to now. I just wished I would not have failed the only observation that determines if I stay in the district or not.


Anyway my kids were great for both observations--thank heavens! We got everything accomplished and it was an overall successful day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment