Friday, March 9, 2012

What in the world!

So I had a great last day of the conference. I starred in a play, went line dancing, painted a portrait, and participated in a drum circle. Ahh the many hats of a teacher! No, it was very relaxing and fun. Then we got out early so I ordered Chinese food. I kept having this nagging feeling that I needed to go to work immediately. So I grabbed my food and booked it over there praying I would not get a speeding ticket. I walked in the door and just like last time I walked in the door, I was given some horrible news. Why do I ever leave...nothing good comes from it. I was told to go hug my principal because it is her last day! I about started to hyperventilate. I asked who the new principal was and I was told it would be my coach! What!??? So now my coach is my boss and my boss is my coach. I just sat there in shock literally ready to puke. For those who are close to me know that I do not do well with change and my body reacts violently to it. I grabbed my food and went to another teachers room because I could not be alone.


I found her and hugged her. I told her thank you for taking a chance on me. I started crying. Then she left and I was pulled in by my friend and new boss. I congratulated her and asked her how this was going to work for me. She told me she is still my coach but I will only be getting evaluated once a week instead of twice. She also told me that probably the superintendent or someone in his office is going to do my JPAS.


Then I get back to that teachers room to finish eating. When she tells me that she had just gotten laid off. That is why I got pulled into the conversation with my coach so my former principal could lay off the teacher I was with. I was shocked even more. I felt guilty for not being laid off because I have been here shorter than anyone and I was told I would be staying. I sat and listened to her vent and cry. Then even though none of us wanted to go to this district meeting, we went (mostly because we had to go). We drove 60 miles and went to it. Everyone was there talking about the change and venting to each other. It felt like we were morning somebody's life. Then I got recognized in the meeting because of my winning lesson and plan. I felt horrible because I had a very good day with the recognition, starring in the play, getting reimbursed from the district, having someone who I thought hated me but found out does not come and be super nice, but everyone around me did not so I did not. Everyone I get close to here, leaves me...without even a goodbye. That hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment