Monday, March 5, 2012

No students but twice the work!

So today was a professional work day where we still had to go to work but the students were not there. The moment I walked inside I could tell it was going to be a "horrible, terrible, no good, very bad day."I was pulled into a classroom and was told that one of my favorite first grade team members I work with, quit. She quit like the teacher that I replaced. So we spent most of our day getting everything ready for our classes and hers. 


It felt like I had just found out a good friend committed suicide. I felt like I should have seen the warning signs. Every time I passed by her room or had to go inside it, I just started bawling. She didn't even say goodbye. As silly as this sounds I am going through the grieving process pretty hardcore. Actually as embarrassing as this is to admit, I got violently ill over it that I went into shock, guilt (like I should have seen it coming), anger (yes I was mad--how could she not say goodbye to me or her kids?, and I am in the state of depression. I did the same thing when an elder from my mission was sent home way too early. The only good thing that came from it was I got free stuff from her room and I hand picked her substitute. I emailed the head people at the district office requesting this substitute and they picked her over someone with a degree based on, I believe, my recommendation. I really did not know I had that much poll at the district office.:)


Tomorrow I have at least one observation and maybe JPAS. I am even too tired to study for MATs. Although I took some practice tests yesterday and did very well so hopefully... G'Night:)

No comments:

Post a Comment